Smoothies feature in my weekly meal plan, especially when the seasons change. For me, they always feel more like a sweet treat than like the healthy meal they actually are. Bonus – children love them, too! They have no idea how many superfoods you’re hiding in these delicious smoothies.
What makes these smoothies healthy?
These smoothies are not like the ones you find in the shops; these will help to boost immunity. Not only designed to taste good, my smoothies are packed with ingredients ithat have been chosen specifically for their immune-boosting properties.
Let’s take a closer look:
- LEMON: aids digestion, boosts your immune system, hydrates your lymph system, balances your pH levels
- TURMERIC: natural anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, a natural painkiller
- GINGER: aids digestion, treats nausea, can reduce muscle pain and soreness as well as menstrual pain, lowers blood sugar levels
- CAYENNE PEPPER: boosts metabolism, increases stomach acid and digestion
- CELERY: good source of folate, potassium, manganese; packed with antioxidants
- BEETROOT: good source of vitamin C, potassium and iron. Also improves blood flow, increases exercise performance and reduces blood pressure.
If you have any questions about our products, or any other matter relating to digestive and gut health, please get in touch and one of our team will get back to you.
We look forward to hearing from you!