Spring brings new growth and regeneration, which makes it a great time to refresh our systems by carrying out a detox. In fact, according to the Chinese, spring is the ideal time to cleanse and nourish the liver.
To welcome the warmer days of spring, I thought that detoxing would be the perfect subject matter for a Facebook Live event. If you were unable to watch live, you can catch up on the discussion here:
I was joined by nutritional therapist, Sophia Hill and we covered a lot of ground, including:
- debunking some of the common myths and misunderstanding around detoxing
- identifying the toxins we are exposed to
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 liver detoxification pathways
- foods that support a detox
- our own detoxification routines
- supplements that help with detoxing
- why having a fatty liver is dangerous (and how you can reverse it)
Some of the questions we answered included:
- What are signs and symptoms of toxicity?
- Can toxins cause skin problems like ezcema/psoriasis/acne?
- What is Phase 1 and Phase 2 liver detoxification and why is it important?
- Which foods are natural detoxifiers?
- Which supplements help to detoxify the body?
- Are there any tests to diagnose toxicity?
- Can toxins cause weight gain?
- Can constipation cause toxicity?
I hope you find the video informative.
For more digestive and gut support, why not join our active Tummy Talk Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tummytalk.